Gharpedia.com helps to Build/Own/Rent/Buy/Sell/Repair/Maintain your dream house by providing all the tips & tricks in easy languages. It provides solutions to all problems pertaining to houses right from concept to completion.
The modern houses are surrounded by electrical appliances and devices at our home. Any average household electricals includes gadgets like Air conditioner, TV, Computers, Mixture machine, Washing machine, Dryer, Geyser, Refrigerator, Iron, Microwave oven, Cooking stove, Pressure pumps etc. We, therefore, have to take a safety measures to handle the home electrical to ensure your and mainly electrical safety for kids! Follow the electrical safety tips below and make your home accident and shock-free:
Electrical Safety Tips & Measures with Electrical Appliances & Devices:
01. Unplug all the electrical appliances and devices after use to ensure that they are not switched on accidentally. Even unplug the appliances which have auto-shut feature. This is a first step to electrical
02. Do not plug all heavy household electrical appliances in one power outlet or socket. This can lead to over loading of the outlet leading to burning of wires i.e. do not use multi pin socket and plug air conditioner, Geyser, Computer in only one socket.
03. All large electrical appliances like AC, refrigerator, washing machine etc. should be plugged-in using three pin plug where the third pin has to be earthed properly.
04. Never use any electrical appliance or device with wet hands or bare feet or while standing in water. Never switch on or off with wet hands!
05. Never cover the electrical appliances that heat up on using like iron or heater. Always keep them at well ventilated place to cool them down.
06. Immediately switch off the power supply to the appliance in case of sparking or shock. Call professionals for home electrical repair. Reuse them only once they are repaired!
07. Never keep any water source or water decor item near your electrical appliances. Be careful while using a washing machine, small portable fountain etc. in home.
08. Never touch or do any minor repair of any wire or cord with wet hands or bare foot or while standing in water.
Also Read: Plumbing Safety Tips and Precautions
09. Make sure that no socket or switch board is hanging on wall. All sockets and switch boards should be firmly fixed to wall.
10. Never staple or nail down a wire or cord to support them. Always use a tape or rope to hold them in position. Do not use wires which are jointed with tapes etc.
11. Do not cover the wires or cords under carpets.
12. Never use damaged wires or sockets even if they are working. Replace them immediately with a new ones. Also never use wires whose insulation has started getting peeled off!
13. Make sure that all the bulbs and tube lights in your home are tightly screwed to their holders. In case they are loose, get the holders changed or tightened to avoid any home
14. If any power outlet becomes warm on using or you see sparks, do not use it. Get it repaired before next use.
15. Make sure that there are no live wire out from any point. If you find one, then immediately get it removed or repaired.
16. Switch off the power supply while replacing a bulb or doing any minor home electrical repair work.
17. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions while using any electrical In case of any major fault in the appliances, do not try to open or repair them. Call for a professional’s help!
Ensure that everyone in your home (especially children) are well aware of the electrical safety tips and measures and follow them! If your kids are too small to understand these measures make sure that you keep them away from electronic devices and power outlets, plug etc. To ensure the electrical safety for kids, do not let them play with the wires and sockets even telephone or computer wires!
We hope these electrical safety tips will help you to save yourself from household electrical shocks & accidents!