Has slow draining, toilet overflow, bad odour, or water back up given you a headache in your home? If yes, you don’t have to worry more; I have a solution for you- try high-pressure drain cleaning.
Wondering what high-pressure drain cleaning is? Don’t fret; you’re in the right place. In this article, you’ll get all you need to know about high-pressure drain cleaning- what it is, how to use it, its benefits and also its disadvantages.
Be our guest and enjoy the reading;
What is High-Pressure Drain Cleaning?
High-pressure drain cleaning uses water pressure to clean the debris and clogs in your drains to avoid pipe blockages. The jet nozzle offers high-pressure stream water that clear drain pipes’ sides making the process efficient in clearing and cleaning drains.
Another good thing about high-pressure drain cleaning is that the water pressure flashes through clogs without the risk of cutting or breaking your pipes.
How to Use High-Pressure Drain Cleaner?
Below is the step by step guide on how to use a drain pressure cleaner;
- First, locate the drain access point closer to the clog- the access is a capped pipe near or on the main sewer access.
- Slowly unscrew the cap from the access pipe using a wrench.
- To your pressure washer’s wand, attach a sewer jetter hose and then on the hose’s end, attach the sewer jetter nozzle.
- Slowly, start feeding the jetter nozzle into the pipe till the hose stops at the blockage.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, start the pressure washer by adjusting it to the lowest pressure.
- Now, start cleaning drain lines by releasing the wand trigger as you slowly back the hose from the drain.
- Slowly increase the pressure as required- be cautious of overflow and splashback.
- To ensure that the drain is clean and clear, repeat the procedure and turn the water flow off.
- After ensuring that your drains are clear, remove the nozzle and hose from the drain line- be cautious to avoid sewage spills.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, turn the pressure washer off, replace the cap, and then use antibacterial soap or bleach to clean the nozzle and sewer Jetter hose.
What are the Benefits of High-Pressure Drain Cleaning?
Here are some of the benefits of high-pressure drain cleaning:
01. High-Pressure Drain Cleaning is a Fast Process
Unlike the other drain cleaning methods, which need pushing and poking at clogs to remove them from the drain, high-pressure drain cleaning only blasts out blockages and clogs rapidly.
High-pressure drain cleaning can quickly and efficiently clear several blockages in your drain system, saving a lot of time. For example, you only need two hours to clean the clogs with this service. However, if you undertake a CCTV inspection to locate the blockage, you’d take less time for blocked drain cleaning.
02. Environmentally Friendly Pressure Drain Cleaning
Compared to other techniques, high-pressure drain cleaning is more eco-friendly and safest as it only uses water to clean and clear clogs from drains. In addition, there is no large or heavy equipment involved to spotlessly clean the drain lines.
Its high-pressure water stream cuts through clogs leaving the pipes clear without polluting the environment and damaging nearby property or drain pipes. In essence, high-pressure drain cleaning is an environmentally friendly method that doesn’t need costly and multiple chemicals to clear out clogs.
03. Cost-Efficient Method to Clear Drain Pipe
Although sewer and drain cleaning is expensive, they’re the most economical method to clear drains- this is because you don’t have costly chemicals or heavy equipment during the unclogging process.
With high-pressure drain cleaning, you only need to have the skill of administering the hydro-jetting blasts for drain pipe cleaning, and you’re set to go.
04. Efficient for Cleaning Drainage Lines
Sometimes drain line clogs build up from grease, fats, mineral deposits, toilet paper, soap residue and other waste. All these items form a thick sludge which challenges the other drain cleaning methods to remove them.
However, removing the sludge from the high-pressure drain cleaner is just a walk in the park. The high water pressure blasts through the thick sludge with a lot of ease regardless of the nature of the clog, leaving the drain clear- this makes the high-pressure drain cleaner the most efficient option for you when unclogging drains.
05. Drain and Pipe Cleaning Removes Bad Smell from Your Home
Most of the blockages in your pipes are caused by grease, hair, food and more. And when they’re ignored, they lead to the accumulation of dangerous bacteria in your pipelines.
The bacteria decompose the above-listed stuff, producing foul smells and posing serious diseases to your family, especially if the odour is coming from the bathroom or sink.
Nonetheless, using the high-pressure drain cleaning effectively clears out the blockages, getting rid of any foul smell in your home. It also eliminates waterborne bacteria and any other health risks resulting from the build-up of stagnant water as it leaves the drain clean and fresh.
06. Produces Thorough and Comprehensive Results
High-pressure drain cleaning is the most effective method for clearing clogs in drains. Unlike the other drain and pipe cleaning methods, which would require you to use more than one technique to remove clogs caused by different items, the high-pressure drain cleaning gets the job done after only the first try.
The high water pressure stream spins through the pipes in different directions, swirling the clogs inside the drain and cleaning the line.
What are the Disadvantages of High-Pressure Drain Cleaning?
Just like any other drain cleaning technique, high-pressure drain cleaning has its disadvantages, like;
- The high water pressure can be too much for the weaker and older pipelines to handle.
- It can be less effective when dealing with drain pipes obstructed by serious damage such as bellied lines.
- It can’t help remove severe drain obstructions, unlike other services such as auger or rooter.
A clogged drain can spell doom to your home if you don’t deal with it ASAP. Therefore, you should always ensure that it is regularly cleaned with a high-pressure drain cleaner to keep the system in its best condition.
Do you have any reason now why slow draining, toilet overflow, bad odour, or water back up should stress you in your home? Then do write in give below comment box.
And before you leave, if you want to know about how to prevent clogged drains, then refer following link:
How To Prevent Clogged Drains – Tips And Tricks!
Image Courtesy: Image 1
Fidelis Kinai – Fidelis Muti possess a bachelor’s in English and Journalism and have over four years of professional experienced writing and proofreading materials for print and online platforms, including newspapers, magazines, websites, blogs, and social media accounts. He also have over three years of experience as a marketing assistant and social media manager.
He is versatile and diligent and will produce exemplary content within time to meet your deadline.
He can deliver most work within 2-3 days; rush orders are accepted whenever possible. He is based in the Kenya but travel often and work for clients all over the world.