Kitchens! Who doesn’t want to make them prime points in their homes? After all, they are the heart of the house! Buying one is a rare treat as well as a major investment. It’s the space that always requires a great deal of thought before you make a final decision.
The chance is you might know from the outset what you would like to have. Or you might want to get inspiration from kitchen publications or design professionals. Whatever the case, you will need to decide whether you like Gloss or Matt Kitchen cabinets or drawer fronts for your new kitchen. Do you often think which is better gloss or matt kitchen units? But if you’re not sure about your decision, you should take time to consider your options. Read on if you need help in deciding which kitchen surface best suits your home and needs.
When it comes to completing the looks of your kitchen it is totally normal to feel spoiled for choice, especially with so many attractive finishes out there.
There are multiple benefits for both matt and gloss kitchens, so you will be easily torn when it comes to choosing between the two. It’s a very common dilemma for those looking to revamp their old kitchen because both styles are most often seen in modern homes.
Gloss kitchens can truly revamp your home: but don’t believe it because we say it. Gloss materials are able to create a bright space, personality, and oozing style. It leaves the impression of a sleek, clean, and perfectly modern room. It appeals visually, and it’s also a practical option that can be enjoyed in your kitchen for years.
Most homeowners recommend this material because fingerprints are not noticeable, and it specks of dust. Aesthetically, gloss kitchen finishes are worth every penny, but they’re also factually wrong. Only because you can’t see the dust doesn’t mean it’s not there. But you’re not even a bit concerned by this fact, then go for it.
Before deciding which coloured gloss to choose, it’s recommended to stick to one colour palette. If you can’t decide, seek the advice of professional interior decorators in order to achieve the effect you are going for.
Advantage of Gloss Kitchens:
- Maintenance: One of the advantages of glossy materials is they’re easy to clean, thanks to their shiny surface. All you need is some lukewarm water and a non-abrasive cloth for those common everyday kitchen smudges and stains. Also, you should avoid using bleach because it can damage the surface of your glossy kitchen material. Use mild detergent and some elbow grease for tougher stains but do so very carefully if you don’t want to damage the material
- Appearance: Glossy materials do a great job at reflecting light compared to other materials. Like a subtle mirror, glossy kitchen finishes bounce light around the room and make it much brighter. In other words, the lighter a room will be the larger and more open it will appear which is ideal for smaller kitchens.
- Always in style: While trends come and go, true style never disappears, which is why glossy kitchen materials remain evergreen over time. Elegant and sleek gloss kitchen counters, for example, offer both durability and style longevity.
When it comes to a type of kitchen finish that is deeply implanted in the mind of homeowners, in the last couple of years, this has been the matt kitchen – and not just for the style.
Obviously, a matt finish can easily freshen up the looks of your kitchen to something that is trending today by adding, whether mixed or a standalone colourway, into your existing colour scheme. However, if you choose matt kitchen finishes for your doors or kitchen units, the light will not reflect off the surfaces. The colour doesn’t change as the day goes by and the sunlight moves through your kitchen, which means the room will look amazing from any angle, no matter where you’re sitting.
Like glossy finishes, matt kitchens come in a wide variety of styles and tones. There’s an acrylic variation for everyone’s taste which allows us to see their deep and rich tones in all their glory and benefit from years long. So in such a way, matt or gloss kitchen units differs in their own ways. But prior to get convinced over anything, don’t forget to look at the benefits of matt one to decide which to opt out of gloss vs. matt kitchen.
Advantage of Matt Kitchens:
- Space and elegance: glossy materials boast a soft surface that absorbs light rather than reflects it. More often than not, matt finishes can have a more refined and understated aesthetic than their glossy counterparts. But that doesn’t mean your kitchen will look dull – especially if you choose lighter tones. If your kitchen features more than two colours, these will not be reflected on the mat surfaces. That being said, matt finishes are great for well-lit kitchens.
- Diversity by style: If you have always preferred the idea of a modern home, this doesn’t mean you can’t go for matt finishes. These materials became a trend for floors, cabinets, and worktops in both modern and traditional kitchens about five years ago. The best part about them is that they can be used in almost any kitchen style, be that modern, traditional, or somewhere in between.
How to decide?
Now that we’ve listed the benefits of each material, it’s time to settle the matt vs gloss kitchen debate. We know that a kitchen without ample natural light could use a gloss finish. If you’re looking to make your kitchen feel and appear roomier, matt may not be the best choice simply because the texture will absorb the light rather than reflect it across the room. Keep in mind to choose wisely between matt vs. gloss kitchen cabinets.
Remember that the light cupboards, worktops, and drawers help make your kitchen appear more open, which is ideal for small spaces. Gloss kitchen finishes work wonders in a small space but if you don’t feel like giving up on matt finishes just yet – you can apply white hues in matt as this still contributes to lighting up the available space.
To count over the discussion, this was all about whether to style matt finish kitchen or to your kitchen shine with glossy touch. After knowing the merits and demerits, it’s your time to go with the right one and clear your doubt that Is matt or gloss kitchen better? It all depends on the available space, accessibility, style, and relatable factors which suits you the more. So mark up your requirement and pick the one from gloss or matt kitchen, whichever you like the most.