15+ Reasons to Hire Interior Designer for Your Home!
Interior Design enhances the interior of a building/room. It creates healthier and aesthetically pleasing environment inside the building/room for the occupants. In simpler words, interior design means to beautify existing interior spaces along with meeting their functional needs. For example: kitchen should meet all cooking needs, bedroom should be calm and peaceful, living room should be lively, etc.
An interior designer is the person who is professionally qualified for interior design works. Interior Designer understands people’s behavior and coordinates with its needs. E.g. if a room is looking smaller and owner wants it to be spacious, interior designer will make it look spacious by; selecting lighter color scheme, vertical patterns on wall, arranging customized furniture, etc. Interior design works can be of new property or renovation of existing one.
In many states, the individuals call themselves as designers, regardless of their academic qualifications to offer interior design services. Therefore we suggest you to hire a designer who is professionally sound and have a good knowledge of design and is also creative.
Reasons to Hire Interior Designer
Here are 17 reasons to hire interior designer for your house:
(a) Saves Money
01. It may seem like interior designers are expensive, but the truth is that hiring an interior designer helps to avoid costly mistakes. Ever happened that you brought a beautiful piece of furniture but it was too big for your room? Ever painted your room three or four times to find the right color palette? Interior designer helps to make design decisions that are cost effective and adds value to home.
02. Interior designer will technically and practically balance between needs and expenses. In other words, interior designer manages to meet your needs and budget significantly.
(b) Saves Time
03. Hiring a designer not only helps financially, but also saves time. An interior designer knows very well what needs to be done and when it needs to be done.
04. They can anticipate any obstacles that may come up and are pre prepared for overcoming them, saving on time.
(c) Professional Assessment
05. They are trained expert professionals having knowledge and degree of interior designing. They understand the balance between art (aesthetically pleasing) and science (comfortable dimensions) and implement both in designing simultaneously.
06. An interior designer has an immediate plan of action for your space.
(d) Qualified Liaison
07. A good designer coordinates well with architects, contractors, and building owners. Strong interrelation between the interior design and the lighting, furnishing, and architecture is ultimate goal of any interior design. Furniture layout, openings, inbuilt shelves, etc. should be addressed (shown on plan) well before any construction, and an interior designer does that.
(e) Better Resources and Contacts
08. Practically it is a difficult task to find the best resources. An experienced interior designer has reliable connections with the best manufactures/retailers. Appointing an interior designer reduces the time and efforts to find best resources.
09. Hiring a designer will be of great help to find an electrician, plumber, and/or contractor. Designers have access to tons of product and fabric that is not easily available to general public.
(f) Wow Factor
10. Interior designers are trained to think creatively and spatially and learn to see an overall picture that clients often cannot. They think out of box. Along with good design, you will also get an attention to detail from proper lighting and furniture placement to fabric choices and color palette and fixture options.
11. A professional interior designer will create custom designed pieces to make sure everything fits perfectly and is truly special.
12. Designers can also get you certain furniture, fabric, and materials that are trade-only and not accessible to everyone else.
13. They not only make your home look beautiful and cohesive but also meet its functional needs.
(g) Home Sale
14. A designer adds a great deal to the aesthetic of your home, which in turn increases the market value of your home when put for sale.
(h) A Complete Visual Story
15. Interior designers spend years training to do what they do. An interior designer is capable to give a whole visual story and make you understand your space before even starting the work.
16. This will give you a definite picture of how it will be.
(i) Health Care
17. Interior Designer not only aesthetically designs and positions the elements but also checks on their dimensions from comfort point of view. If the furniture elements like chair, sofa, table, bed etc are not properly dimension, they will create orthopedic problem like back pain, etc.