Rugs & Carpet Cleaning Tips for Your Home
Kinjal Mistry was awarded a degree in Civil engineering in 2016 from Dharmsinh Desai University, Gujarat. She is a Manager (Civil B. Tech) at SDCPL – Gharpedia. She has a passion for Creative Writing. As a content writer she loves to write blogs on Civil Engineering, building materials etc. Besides, being a blogger, she also handles Construction estimating and Costing at SDCPL. She possesses excellent critical thinking skills to identify and offer solutions to engineering problems. She loves sports and reading novels. She is easily reachable on LinkedIn, Twitter and Quora.
Carpets and rugs often add warmth to a room. It is useful for cold climatic regions where it is too cold and hence difficult to walk on the floor. Carpets and rugs, however, gets dirty very quickly, due to people wearing their shoes in the house, spilling drinks, dropping food, etc. A clean carpet and rug are important both for the appearance of your home and the health of the people who live in it. To keep your floor covering looking the best, you have to take care of them.
Carpets or rugs should be vacuumed at least once a week to stay in good shape and to keep dirt from getting embedded in the fibers. Place doormats at the entrance of the home to prevent the dirt from being tracked into the home.
Courtesy - carpet-cleaning-sugarland-tx
Here we give some tips which will help you for rug and carpet cleaning:
01. One of the oldest methods used by housewives for cleaning rugs is dusting.It involves getting your rugs outside, especially on a sunny day, invert it, and then start vibrating its back. When you do that, you will see that dry soil is loosened and falls out of the rug.
02. Dry clean your carpet by sprinkling it with baking soda. Use a flour sifter to help distribute it evenly. If you can leave the baking soda on your carpet overnight, do it. If not, let it sit for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle one spoon of fragrant herb such as lavender or cinnamon on the floor. After few minutes, vacuum the baking soda and whichever herb you used. The unpleasant carpet odours should be gone and the fragrant of the herb should be in the air.
03. In a spray bottle, mix 1 part liquid fabric softener to 6 parts water. Spray on the carpet with the solution, then vacuum. The carpet should be more dust-resistant and smell fresh, too.
04. Dilute the vinegar with 1 to 3 parts of water, and blot slowly in the direction of the carpet pile with a sponge. Do not soak the carpet, only dampen it. Allow it to air dry while avoiding exposure to the sun, which can bleach colours.
05. For small rugs, it is a good idea to place them in a mesh laundry bag and wash in a washing machine in cool water.
06. Carpet Shampooer is another method used for carpet cleaning. Fill the machine with the required amount of soap and water. Run the shampooer in a pattern across the room, make sure to go slowly. After you shampoo, it is good to run the machine once again with cold water and no soap.
Courtesy - kirby
07. Another method for carpet cleaning is carpet sweeper. It is manual household equipment used for sweeping carpets, having a revolving brush or brushes and a container for dust and dirt.
Courtesy - bluemaize
Carpet cleaning is a necessity in most homes, especially those with children or pets. Cleaning rugs or carpets are essential to the keeping of looking it fresh and new. When the appropriate carpet or rug cleaner is used, you can make your tired and dirty carpets or rugs look great.