Gharpedia.com helps to Build/Own/Rent/Buy/Sell/Repair/Maintain your dream house by providing all the tips & tricks in easy languages. It provides solutions to all problems pertaining to houses right from concept to completion.
Everyone wants shiny and clean bathroom faucets, but unfortunately, due to the hard water, calcium deposits will make the surfaces dull. With common household items, you can remove this calcium deposits from the tap and surface of the faucets.
Cleaning with soap and water can cause water spots which will result into dull finish but it is possible to remove these stains and make your bathroom faucets look like new again.
Here are a few tricks on how to maximise the sparkle of your faucets, as well as cleaning the various metal finishes and fixtures.
Courtesy - secure.img2-ag.wfcdn
Basic Cleaning Method:
First, you will try basic method to clean bathroom faucets. A mixture of dish soap and water can take care of the cleaning needs for most faucets types. Then wipe the faucets with a dry cloth. This helps to prevent spotting on the faucets finish.
Try Intense Cleaning:
Try more intense cleaning of various metal finishes like brass, stainless steel, chrome etc.
- If water or dish soap cannot remove the junk from faucets, the next method is to, use the vinegar. Homemade paste for polishing brass is made out of vinegar, salt and all purpose flour. Mix equal parts of these three ingredients and apply to the faucets. Then scrub the surface and wipe the faucets with a dry cloth. This is used for the brass bathroom faucets.
- Make a paste of equal amounts of baking soda and lemon juice. Dip a toothbrush in the mix and gently scrub the surface. This method is also used for brass bathroom faucets.
- The citric acid in ketchup will help to remove tarnish on bathroom faucets and shines without much effort. Apply ketchup on the surface and let it sit for a few moments and then rinse off with a damp cloth. This is useful for stainless steel and copper finishes.
- Spray vinegar on the chrome finish and let it sit for a few moments. Then wipe the faucets with a dry cloth.
- You can use toothpaste to clean the chrome finish of the faucets. Apply a light layer of non-gel toothpaste on the faucets and keep it for a few minutes. Than clean the faucets with a cloth.
Clean Around the Edges:
An old toothbrush is used to clean around the edges where the sink and the faucet meet. Dish soap and water is used to clean the edges. Wipe the faucets dry with a cleaning cloth.
To clean showerhead of either chrome, stainless steel, or other protected metal surfaces, fill a plastic bag with white vinegar. Attach the bag over the showerhead with a rubber band. Put it for one hour, then remove the bag of vinegar and turn on the shower to flush away the vinegar and sediment. Polish with a soft cloth.
Many companies offer a warranty on newer faucets that have been installed. But these warranties may be voided by using caustic cleaners or other corrosive cleaners on the faucets. So don’t try that if you want to exploit manufacturer’s warranties. Hence the above ideas are good enough to clean bathroom faucets.