A door is the main component of the house. It is an openable barrier at the entrance of the house, room or other spaces that allow people, vehicle and other goods to enter and leave. It is held in position by the door frame, the members of which are located at the sides and top of the opening doorway. Expanding a narrow doorway can open up space and make your home feel bigger.
Also Read: Doors of Your House: All You Need to Know!
Courtesy - 123rf
Doors are the very important part of any house. It plays a very important role while designing an interior. Here we describe the function of
Here we describe the function of door:
- The main function of door is to maintain privacy and safety inside the room or house when it is closed.
- Doors provide connecting link between the various internal rooms of the house.
- It gives an aesthetic view to the house.
- Open door provides lighting and ventilation to various rooms in the house.
- It controls the physical atmosphere within a space by enclosing it, excluding air drafts so that interiors may be more effectively heated or cooled.
- It also acts as noise barrier when there are chances of too much noise outside of the house.
- It is used to screen areas of a house for aesthetic purposes, keeping formal & utility area separate.
- Open door allows people and animals entering the house.
- The house doors used to manage the physical atmosphere inside a room, so that heating or cooling of interiors may become more effective.
- It also plays a significant role in preventing the spread of fire or smoke.
- It is equipped with locking mechanisms, which allow entrance to only selected people and hence keep out others is also the function of door.
Also Read: Types of Ventilation
The beautifully designed and decorated house doors add beauty and elegance. That is why it is said that civilized, disciplined and evolved society is one where people can sleep at night leaving the door open like “Ram Rajya”.