Gharpedia.com helps to Build/Own/Rent/Buy/Sell/Repair/Maintain your dream house by providing all the tips & tricks in easy languages. It provides solutions to all problems pertaining to houses right from concept to completion.
Wall putty is very important before painting starts. It is the foundation of paint. Acrylic putty is very well known for interior walls. It is water based wall putty filling for blemishes and holes on masonry surface and patching up surface finishing.
Acrylic wall putty is made by using an ideal combination of white pigments, Extenders, Acrylic Emulsion Medium and Additives.
Courtesy - Shutterstock
- It is ready to use putty. We can directly apply on wall without adding or mixing any kind of materials.
- It provides a very strong, durable foundation and brings out the best performance. It has a special acrylic binder that retains a strong grip on the wall surface and increases the life of the paint.
- It gives rich and smooth finish when applied on masonry walls to fill substrate imperfections prior to giving a better and higher coverage of paint.
- It has unique design and butter like consistency which makes application easy, excellent fitting, levelling and sanding properties.
- It is suitable for over coating with any kind of water or solvent based paints giving you a polished and impressive walls.
- No need to use Plaster of Paris (POP), chalk powder before applying paint.
- Apply on almost all interior surfaces whether new or old.
- It has a better alkali resistance.
- It dries fast, thus ensuring faster completion of a job.
Also Read: How to Apply Wall Putty Before Paint?
- Smooth and matt finish
Shade of Putty:
- The touch drying time of acrylic wall putty is not more than 30 minutes.
- The hard drying time of acrylic wall putty is not more than 4 hours.
- The covering capacity is 25 to 30 sq. ft/Kg/Coat. i.e. 2.5 to 3.0 Sqmt/Kg/Coat
- It depends on porosity and texture of the surface and also on the manufacturer.
Packs Available in Market:
- Available in the presentation of 1 Kg ,5 Kg, 10 Kg, 20 Kg, 35 Kg in a plastic containers.
- Avoid when the extreme temperature is less than 10 °C or if the temperature might drop to this level within 4 hours of application.
- Store the container in well ambient condition, ventilated locations and away from the source of ignition and fire.
- Use safety equipment like rubber or polythene gloves/glasses and face mask. It is recommended to wear suitable nose pad during sanding and surface preparation to avoid dust inhalation.
- Always apply putty by using a putty knife.
- Stir well before application.
- Keep away from the children.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- New plaster should be allowed to cure for minimum 12 weeks.
- The container must be tightly closed when not in use to prevent drying and keep it in a dry and cool place.
- Do not pour leftover paint down the drains or in water courses.