Gharpedia.com helps to Build/Own/Rent/Buy/Sell/Repair/Maintain your dream house by providing all the tips & tricks in easy languages. It provides solutions to all problems pertaining to houses right from concept to completion.
Repainting is one of the easiest ways to refresh the overall look of your house. Carefully selected colors can makes your house surrounding more live and vibrant. Painting is at any day is a simple job when you are carrying out a painting job in proper way by using good quality paint and tools. However, carefulness not maintained during a painting job,occasionally things may tend to go in a wrong direction and you are likely to end up having various painting problems during or after the paint application.
Various types of paint defects such as blistering, wrinkling, cracking, etc. are usually observed if proper care not taken during and before painting job. These paint defects arise either due to the effect of atmosphere, sunlight, heat, humidity and dust either individually or jointly deteriorating it. Patchiness paint defect is among st mostly observed defect on the painted surface. It occurs on internal as well as the external surface of your house.
Also Read: Brush Marks Defect: Common Defect in Paint
Patchiness Paint Defect
Patchiness paint is defined as the uneven finish or scratch like things appearing on the putty-applied surfaces. It occurs due to the highly absorbent nature of the surface and presence of foreign matters in the putty. We have already discussed other causes of patchiness in our recent article.
Take the required precautions and find out the useful solution to repair patchiness paint defect.In this article, we have provided a few precautions and repairs of patchiness paint defect.
Prevent Patchiness Paint Defect
Following Precautions to be Taken to Prevent Patchiness Paint Defect:
- Prepare a smooth surface before the paint application.
- Always apply a primer coat after the application of putty.
- Cracks in plaster should be filled properly with cement sand mixture.
- Allow new walls to get cured for at least three months to avoid patchiness paint
- Increase the amount of paint on the roller or brush to allow better distribution of paint.
- Apply the paint in a “W”or Zig-Zag pattern to ensure an even finish and preferably six months or monsoon.
Also Read: How to Prevent Bitterness Paint Defect?
Repair Patchiness Paint Defect
Tips for how to repair patchiness paint defect:
- Thoroughly clean down the surfaces to remove all dirt, grease and surface contaminants.
- Apply an extra coat of primer or use good quality sealer.
- To repair patchiness paint, apply thin coats of putty.
- Scrap the surface and repaint the surface with correct procedure of surface preparation.
Once the painting job is completed, it is important to maintain the painted surface so that this type of paint defect did not get visible. Always follow the manufacturer’s instruction to avoid painting mistakes. It will make the paint job easier and long-lasting and also defect free!