Gharpedia.com helps to Build/Own/Rent/Buy/Sell/Repair/Maintain your dream house by providing all the tips & tricks in easy languages. It provides solutions to all problems pertaining to houses right from concept to completion.
You can always get copy of the approved plan with construction permission from builder. This can also be obtained under RTI Act, if he doesn’t supply it.
Courtesy - 123rf
While scrutinising the construction permission and approved plans you must check the following:
- Whether the plans are stamped and signed by authority showing the description of the land on which the project is proposed.
- Detailed plans of the building showing rooms, balcony, staircase, toilets, lift, open space etc.
- Margins i.e. open spaces to be provided from front road as well as adjoining / neighbour plots.
- Permissible construction on the ground floor.
- Maximum height allowed for construction
- Location of common open plot, if applicable in large projects.
- Whether such plans have been prepared by the licensed architect. The certificate of architect pertaining to the same.
- Certificate of structural engineer stating that he has designed as per the provision of Indian standards or standards applicable in particular country.
- Certificate from the clerk of the work / site engineer stating that he will supervise the work and he will be carried out as per the approved plans and specifications and prescribed quality standards and specifications.
- Calculation as to what is the FSI and how much FSI has been used and how much is unused?
- Who has the right to use the balanced FSI in future?
- The provision of parking for two wheelers, four wheelers.
- Location of common infrastructure like Under Ground water tanks, Pumping station, Transformer etc. in case of large projects.
- Location from where the water and drainage connections would be made.
- Date of permission, validity of permission, whether permission is valid on the date you want to start construction.
- Any other special conditions attached with the permission.