Gharpedia.com helps to Build/Own/Rent/Buy/Sell/Repair/Maintain your dream house by providing all the tips & tricks in easy languages. It provides solutions to all problems pertaining to houses right from concept to completion and beyond including operation & maintenance, throughout the life of the buildings under one roof. The ultimate goal is the Health, Safety and Happiness of all.
Ceramic tile is versatile and can be used as flooring, a backsplash, or countertops in almost all the rooms of a house. There are certain pros and cons that should be taken into consideration when a homeowner is choosing ceramic tile installation for the home. It has been a popular material for finishing walls and floors. It is durable and comes in a wide range of colors and styles.
Also Read: Basic Things to Know About Ceramic Tile
Courtesy - 123rf
Ceramic tile flooring has several pros and cons which are as under:
- Wide ranges of colours, shapes, patterns, designs, shades are available.
- Glazed ceramic tile can withstand heavy foot traffic.
- It will not deform or break in extreme temperature condition.
- Maintenance of ceramic tile is easier.
- Glazed ceramic tile is highly water resistant, which helps in stain protection and cleanup.
- Ceramic tile is very good insulators of heat.
- Ceramic tile flooring is highly resistant to chemicals agents.
- Being moisture resistant, it will prevent bacteria and fungi from growing.
- It is extremely hard, which makes it easy to clean and maintain. Easy to mop. Need less mopping effort.
- Ceramic tile can also help to reduce your energy use (and bills) by keeping your house cooler in the summer. They also add some insulating qualities to your home in the winter.
- It is cost effective.
Also Read: Properties of Ceramic Tile
- The tiles are hard and cannot be cushioned, which is less comfortable for standing and walking.
- This material does not hold on to heat very well. Ceramic tile flooring gets very cold in the winter, which can be a shock to your toes. On the other hand, ceramic can be quite comfortable underfoot on a hot summer day.
- Ceramic tile installation needs skilled person as any unevenness can cause the tile to break.
- The tiles with defect must be cut away along with grout lines, but in the process, the surrounding material could be damaged.
- They are unable to take heavy loads on their surface. Hence if by accident there is any material dropped in it, and then crack is likely to develop, and the entire surface would look bad.
Ceramic tile is very hard and is not the most kid-friendly flooring option in the world. Make sure you carefully consider advantages and disadvantages of ceramic tile before you install.