The “G” shaped kitchen is really a modified version of the U shaped kitchen arrangement. It is best suited to those who want to pack every square inch or foot of kitchen possible into their space. This arrangement will increase the storage options that surround the cook from three sides. This arrangement makes the room feels more spacious and opens up the wall to the nearby room and creates a pass through or breakfast bar for the family. “G” shaped kitchen has its own pros and cons which give you the clear idea for choosing the perfect arrangement for your kitchen layout.
Courtesy - 123rf
- This layout is the most social and efficient style as it has everything that a great kitchen needs such as huge spread of counters or platform, ample of flexibility and more than enough storage space.
- It can offer more counter space and storage than small kitchens.
- Can also offer a seating space for few guests.
- It’s an Ideal way to limit the access to a busy work triangle area of a kitchen.
- G-shaped kitchens fit well into the kitchens attached to open plan living areas with addition of peninsula as a frontage for living and other spaces.
- Kitchen work triangle can be easily accommodated in number of ways with multiple cooks.
- It can make the kitchen feel smaller or closed than actual.
- Care must be taken to leave adequate way-in and way-out to main kitchen work center.
- The corner base cabinet of G-shaped kitchen will become hard to reach and remove pots/pans out of the corner unless we use accessories to enhance its functionality.