Gharpedia.com helps to Build/Own/Rent/Buy/Sell/Repair/Maintain your dream house by providing all the tips & tricks in easy languages. It provides solutions to all problems pertaining to houses right from concept to completion.
Carpet is a popular choice for the home flooring where people seek some extra warmth and comfort underfoot. It often gets dirty due to people wearing their shoes in the house, spilling drinks, dropping food, etc. Therefore you have to clean the carpet regularly.
Chewing gum many times ends up where it’s not supposed to be which may be your carpet. Removing chewing gum from carpet is very difficult and it easily damages delicate carpet fibers.
Also Read: Tips for Using Rugs to Decorate Your Room!
Here we give you some tips to remove chewing gum from carpet:
01. The most popular method to remove gum from carpet is to start “Blow Drying” on the gum on the warm (not hot) setting of your dryer. Watch the gum carefully, as you also don’t want to melt the carpet fibers. As soon as the gum seems soft and sticky, put a small plastic bag around it and gently pull of the bag, bringing the gum with it.
Courtesy - commercialjanitorialservices.ca
- Repeat the process until all of the gum is removed out of the carpet, or there is just a little bit left on the carpet. For that little bit, smear the petroleum jelly (Vaseline), rolling the gum into it. Then wash the spot with a gentle laundry detergent rinse with water.
Courtesy - electrodry
02. First, scrape the chewing gum with a dull knife. Place a few ice cubes in a plastic bag and put against the chewing gum that has dropped on the carpet. The ice will make the gum brittle and you will be able to break it off or carefully pull off the gum. This is one of the easiest methods of carpet cleaning.
03. If the gum spot is remaining, use warm vinegar to remove gum from carpet. Just apply it and allow it to set for some time. Rinse it off using clean water.
04. To get rid of any stickiness on the carpet after you have removed the gum, use lemon juice.
Also Read: Tips to Remove Candle Wax from Carpet
Using above tips, you can gently remove chewing gum from carpet. These safe and effective carpet cleaning tips will leave sticky, dirt attracting residue behind, so your home will stay cleaner and fresher for longer!