Tile has always remained the most favorable floor material for the various room of your house. Not only are these natural clay units available in numerous colors and patterns, they are also water resistant, and stains can be easily removed from them. If you have tiles in your home, rusting is one of the major problems that you might face in the kitchen or bath areas. These stains are the result of metal coming in contact with water on the tile or other surfaces and eventually depositing iron particles on the tile. However, removing the rust stains will save the unneeded expense of replacing the tile. It is important to clean the rust stains with the right way to protect the tile.
Must Read: Causes of Rust Stains on Tiles
Here we give few solutions to remove the rust stains from tiles:
- Clean rust stains from tiles by applying a paste of equal parts of lemon juice and borax on the affected area and letting it dry before rinsing it off.
- Another remedy is applying lemon juice on the stain for about five minutes, and then scrubbing it off with an old toothbrush. To make this procedure more effective, sprinkle some salt on the lemon juice and then rub.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the affected areas and rub it with a rag soaked in vinegar. It may also remove the stains.
- Another solution is, first clean the stained area with water and a soft cloth. Dry it thoroughly. Mix vinegar with salt and apply the paste to the stained area. Wait for 3 or 4 hours. Rinse the area well with hot water. (Do not use vinegar acid over natural stone like granite, marble, etc.)
- Smear a little paste of toothpaste directly over the rust cylinder stain and using a brush, rub it up in a circular motion. When done, wash the tiles with a little water and soap.
- Kerosene is one of the best remedies to remove rust stains from floor tiles. It is more powerful as it removes the stains from the tile floor.
- If these rust stains are difficult to remove, you have no option but to replace it with new tiles. You may not find similar tiles in the market. Hence always keep in store few tiles for such repairs while buying or constructing a House.