Cement is the basic ingredients of concrete, and mortar. One cannot think about concrete construction without cement. Cement is one of the famous building material which is used all over the world. Different types of cement are manufactured to satisfy the particular purpose of structure i.e. the structure, which has to spend its entire service life in a normal environment, it can be constructed with ordinary Portland cement (OPC) or Pozzolana Portland Cement (PPC). The structure or the part of a structure which has to stay in the worst environment or under the effect of water during its entire life, it needs special cement to serve a purpose of the long service life.
Following are the list of different types of cement in major countries:
- Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC)
- Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC)
- Rapid Hardening Cement
- Extra Rapid Hardening Cement
- Quick Setting Cement
- Low Heat Cement
- Sulphate Resisting Cement
- Portland Slag Cement (PSC)
- High Alumina Cement
- White Cement
- Coloured Cement
- Air Entraining Cement
- Hydrophobic Cement
- Masonry Cement
- Expansive Cement
- Oil Well Cement
- CEM I (Portland cement)
- CEM II (Portland-composite cement)
- CEM III (Blast furnace cement)
- CEM IV (Pozzolanic cement)
- CEM V (Composite cement)
United States of America
- Type I (Portland cement)
- Type II (Sulphate Resisting Cement)
- Type III (Rapid Hardening Cement
- Type IV (Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC))
- Type V (Hydrophobic Cement)
This infographic will show you the different types of cements used for the various types of construction works.
Hope after viewing this infographic, you get a brief knowledge of various cement used in a construction project.
Which cement will you use or which is the best cement to construct a house?
Also Read: Best Cement for House Construction
We have already provided the infographic which will guide you about the transportation of the cement bag.