Different Types of Wood Veneer & Their Uses
Gharpedia.com helps to Build/Own/Rent/Buy/Sell/Repair/Maintain your dream house by providing all the tips & tricks in easy languages. It provides solutions to all problems pertaining to houses right from concept to completion.
The wood veneer is the finest appearance of wood. While wood veneer is being cut in a very thin layer from tree log whereas solid wood is cut down from the log. Cutting the solid wood produces more waste than cutting wood veneer.
Also Read: Wood Veneer: All You Would Like to Know!
Courtesy - 123rf
The different types of wood veneer are available in the market that gives aesthetic look and improve the value of a house. It is mainly used for interior decoration.
Different types of wood veneer are as following
01. General Classification:
- Raw veneer
- Flexible veneer
02. Based on Use:
03. Based on Types of Wood Species:
- Rose heart
- Walnut, etc.
04. Based on Veneer Cutting:
- Rotary cut
- Crown cut/Flat cut
- Quarter Normal cut
- Quarter Rift cut
Also Read: Different Methods of Veneer Cutting
05. Based on Backing:
- Paper Backed
- Phenolic Backed
- Laid up
06. Based on Matches:
- Book Match
- Slip Match
- Reverse-Slip Match
- Running Match
- Balance Match
- Random Match
- End match
07. Based on Grains of Wood:
- Birds Eye
- Quarter sawn
- Flat Cut
- Fiddle back Pommeled
Also Read: Types of Wood and Their Uses
There are various reasons to use wood veneer. The most important are that it is economical than solid wood.
Here we give certain uses of wood veneer:
- They are mainly used for Interior decoration.
- They are used where premium finishes are required and where touch and feel are critical to the user like in executive offices, conference rooms, reception desks and home offices.
- Wood veneer is also used to decorate furniture for residential projects, hotel projects, offices.
- Also processed to create a variety of products such as veneer parquet, flexible veneer sheets, wood veneer boards, wood veneer wallpaper, etc.
- They are used to make customized luxury products such as wine boxes, chocolate boxes, tags, luxury soap boxes, spice boxes, etc.