There are different types of plywood is used in the making of doors, but there is certain plywood which is used in the making of flush door shutter which are given below:
Courtesy - 123rf
01. Boiling Water Proof (BWP) Plywood:
- Boiling Water Proof Plywood made of a single select hardwood species and bonded with boiling water proof synthetic phenol formaldehyde adhesive. Its hardwood frames provide strength for fitting of hinges.
- It is chemically treated to protect against shrinkage, warping and cracks.
- The thickness of the BWP Plywood may be 6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 16mm, 25mm, etc. as per IS.
- BWP Flush Door is extremely durable and has a good quality, exceptional finish and unique dimensional stability. These doors provide assure strength and safety.
- It requires minimum maintenance. It has a better water resistance.
- It is widely used for paneling, cupboard shutter, bathroom, and kitchen.
02. Boiling Water Resistant (BWR) Plywood
- Boiling Water Resistant type of plywood is generally glued using synthetic phenolic resins giving it its unique water-resistant property. Superior Phenol Formaldehyde (PF) resin is used for super bonding and hardwood species are used for long life.
- BWR grade plywood is very strong and can resist warping even when exposed to water for long periods.
- The thickness of BWR plywood may be 3 mm, 4 mm, 6 mm, 9 mm, 12 mm, 16 mm, 19 mm, 25 mm, etc. as per IS.
- BWR grade plywood is weather-proof.
- BWR Plywood is the ideal selection for making kitchen cabinets and related furniture.
- BWR grade plywood is ideal for making furniture used outside like lawn chairs, garden tables and chairs or those used in restaurants and cafes.
03. Moisture Resistant (MR) Plywood:
- In this type of plywood, Urea Formaldehyde resin is used for bonding the plies to each other.
- MR plywood can resist a certain degree of moisture and humidity.
- The thickness of the MR grade plywood may be 3mm, 4mm, 6mm, 8 mm, 12 mm, 15 mm, 18 mm, 21 mm, 25 mm, etc. as per IS.
- MR plywood has a very high internal strength.
- This grade is moisture resistant; it is not resistant to water. So this type of plywood is not used to make furniture perennially exposed to water.
- The plywood is capable of resisting humidity and moisture.
- Its cost is low.
- It is interior grade plywood; therefore it is suitable for indoor use.
- It is used mainly in the interiors of a home or office.
- It is suitable for making furniture like kitchen rooftops, wall mounted cabinets, file cabinets, doors, chairs and tables used inside a room.