Bedroom Internal Design Consideration for a House
Pooja Patel is an Architect by profession. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Arch (B.Arch.). She is an Architect at SDCPL – Gharpedia. Her writing weaves creative ideas and tips that offer a sustainable approach and informative content in the field of architecture and interiors. Apart from being blogger, she also participates in Architectural design & detailing at SDCPL. You can easily connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram.
Generally, the Bedroom is primarily used for Sleeping, Resting, Personal Care, Storing Clothes, Dressing/Undressing, etc which means that it has to be a very private space away from the common rooms which are meant for entertaining guests.
Must Read: Bedroom Types With Bedroom Furniture!
In spite of above regular uses of Bedroom they are also used for other minor activities like Reading, Studying, Writing, Working, Watching TV, Listening to music, Caring for Infants, Telephoning, Sewing, Doing Exercise, and should be calm and peace.
Therefore in Designing a Perfect Bedroom, One has to Know the Following Considerations:
- Number of occupants of the bedroom, whether Single or Double Occupancy
- Age or type of the occupants, whether a Master Bedroom, Children’s Bedroom, Grandparent’s Bedroom or a Guest Bedroom
- Type and Size of furniture for particular size of bedroom
- Space allowance for particular furniture
- Clearance and space around the furniture for comfortable movement
- Storage space for clothes, dressing, side tables or storage box, chest of drawers, TV unit etc.
- Seating area around bed for reading or doing any extra work, but it is not important to have it in every bedroom as it majorly depends on occupant’s luxury and type of bedrooms
- Any other major activity other than sleeping for e.g, working desk, Gymn instrument etc
Note: Ultimately all of the above will depend on ‘life style’ and ‘living standards’ of the occupant
The Typical Furniture Pieces Required While Planning the Layout of the Bedroom as Follows:
- Bed/ Bunk bed
- Dressing table or unit with mirror
- Dresser or chest of drawers
- Bed side table Chairs
- Wardrobe or closet