Waterproof Flush Doors and its Advantages
Kinjal Mistry was awarded a degree in Civil engineering in 2016 from Dharmsinh Desai University, Gujarat. She is a Manager (Civil B. Tech) at SDCPL – Gharpedia. She has a passion for Creative Writing. As a content writer she loves to write blogs on Civil Engineering, building materials etc. Besides, being a blogger, she also handles Construction estimating and Costing at SDCPL. She possesses excellent critical thinking skills to identify and offer solutions to engineering problems. She loves sports and reading novels. She is easily reachable on LinkedIn, Twitter and Quora.
The door is the most important feature of the house. Its basic purpose is to provide privacy and safety. It plays a very important role while designing a house or an interior. The beautifully designed and decorated door adds to the beauty and elegance of the house, too.
Also Read: Purpose of a Door in House
Different types of doors have different properties and use. A flush door is made of varieties of materials. Nowadays, the flush door is the most popular door in the market. It is available in various size, grade and design.
Most of the entrance doors of houses are usually waterproof flush doors. These doors have superior grade waterproof quality (i.e. made of BWP type plywood). It has elegant design, good pattern and glossy finish.
Also Read: What is a Flush Door?
The waterproof flush doors have a solid blockboard core with waterproof grade cross bands and wooden face veneers, laminates. They are bonded with phenol formaldehyde synthetic resins in a hot process with high pressure.
The waterproof flush doors are manufactured out of seasoned and chemically treated and kiln dried timber which makes flush door dimensionally stable. These doors are made of solid and high-density blockboard that acts as good insulators to keep out dust, noise and heat.
The glue used in the construction of these types of the flush door is synthetic plastic resin (phenol formaldehyde) which is considered better than urea formaldehyde resins used in commercial Moisture Resistant (MR) grade plywood sheets.
Also Read: What is Plywood?
Advantages of Waterproof Flush Doors:
- It can be made as per suitable local climatic conditions.
- They are easy to maintain.
- These types of doors are durable, dimensionally stable, termite resistant, insect and borer proof.
- They are less expensive as compared to the solid wood door.
- They are also free from delaminating, twisting and powder free.
- Waterproof grade ply is widely used in the construction of furniture that is likely to get some exposure to water. So, this type of flush door is most suitable choice of material for making kitchen cabinets and some other kitchen furniture.
- They are more suitable for bathrooms in residential and commercial buildings.
Therefore waterproof flush doors are the most economical choice for entrance doors due to its waterproof quality. Knowing the types of doors available will help you to make a good choice for your house.