Are you looking for an affordable shade solution where you can leave the confinement of your home and bask comfortably around the sun? If yes, consider Shade sail- it goes a long way. Among the many different shade products available, shade sails are the most popular in India. But before we know the benefits of shade sails, let us first understand why one should use shade sail.
Why should You use Shade Sails?
Shade sails are the best solution for blocking the harmful UV rays of the sun. They allow you to relish outdoors, especially during the months of hot summer. Having one at your home will lower your family members’ risk of getting skin diseases like skin cancer.
Benefits of Shade Sails
Even though shade sails have been used for decades, they remain the most popular shades among the homeowners. Do you know why? Because many folks are aware of the benefits they come with.
Below are some of the main reasons why shade sail should be a must-have property in your home;
01. Shade Sail is Good in Providing Ventilation
Installing a shade sail in your home provides extra cooling and ventilation, especially if you live in a hot and humid area. When appropriately and strategically installed, shade sails keep the sun from getting inside your house directly, thus keeping the harmful sun rays at bay.
Besides the fact that most of them are made of semi-permeable fabric, they enable circulation of cool air inside-out, thus lowering the covered area temperature by almost 10 degrees.
02. As Shade Sails are Made of Recyclable Material it Would be Beneficial to the Environment
Most shade sails are made of recyclable materials. The materials lessen the need for new materials during their production. This helps a lot in recycling materials like; glass, timber, plastic, and any other materials used in the construction of housing or building extensions- thanks to shade sails.
For sustainable living, nowadays many options are available of recyclable materials for you to use in different elements of house. So we have written a brief on Eco Friendly Building Materials have a look on it click on Below Link,
03. Shade Sails are Versatile Structures
Shade sails are used to cover the outdoor space and come in various shapes, colors, and sizes. This means that you can make your best choice when purchasing a shade sail to improve your outdoor space’s aesthetic value.
Just like shade sails, the patio is also an important structure for outdoor living space. Therefore, below are the detailed guides on patio materials. Check them out.
04. Installation of Shade Sail is Easy
The other good thing about shade sails is that they are effortless to set up as they’re nothing but just a piece of cloth- with the help of a few strings, they can be installed anywhere.
Shade sails also make beautiful extensions that are removable and installed with a lot of ease, unlike some other structures, which take weeks to set up and challenging to be taken down.
05. Shade Sail Improves the Aesthetic Value of Your Home
Shade sails complement artistry in commercial buildings and residential homes. They give an eye-catching look to your home, adding a plus to your houses’ aesthetic value.
They come in various sizes and colors, which allow you to select one that compliments your house’s architecture. Their cheap cost also adds to their demand as an affordable way to beautify your home.
06. Shade Sail Provides Protection From Different Elements
Do you know that people who stay outdoors often develops skin diseases and skin cancer due to the harmful UV rays?
However, it can be handy with shade sails in your home as you can enjoy outdoor activities without exposing yourself directly to the sun. Also, you can be protected from slight rains and drizzles.
Therefore, choosing shade sail amongst other shades is the best decision if you live in an area with frequent strong winds and storms.
What is the Cost of a Shade Sail?
The cost of a shade sail depends on its size. However for an average one ranges $3,000 to $5,000 including the installation cost.
What Colour Shade Sail is Best?
When looking for maximum UV protection and cooling, a dark coloured shade sail is your option. Dark colors like brown, navy blue or black absorbs more UV rays compared to light colors hence making the area beneath the shade cooler.
How to Install a Shade Sail?
Before you start installing your shade sail, it’s very vital to put the following into consideration;
- The direction of the sun
- Ability to insert fixing posts
- Location of barbecues
- Size of the shade sail
- Suitable location
Shade Sail Installation Tips
Installing a shade sail is not a walk in the park. However, with the correct guide, you can effortlessly do it without much hustle. Below is a step by step guide to install your shade sail without much ado.
Before the installation process, you need to assemble the following things;
- 3x Stainless steel easy hoist fixing set
- 2x 4.0m Sail Shade pole with eyebolt kit
- 2x Sail Shade easy-up pole holderH60cm
- A waterproof woven shade sail
Okay, let’s now dive in;
- First, identify the area where you would like to put up the Shade. Think about the sun’s position to know the perfect fixing points for erecting poles on the corners.
- In the poles, screw cleats at a reasonable height and use a snap hook and a looped rope loosely around the pulley to attach an easy-hoist swivel pulley to the eye-pole.
- Into the ground where you want the poles to be positioned, insert the pole holders to keep the posts secure.
- Insert the poles into the ground by positioning each point near the fixing it will be attached to. To make it easier, ensure the ground is clear.
- Around the snap hook, tie a pulley’s rope tightly and attach it to the D-ring corner of your shade sail. Then attach the other end on the pole to a cleat.
- Undo the rope from the cleat to hoist the Shade by slightly pulling it.
- Tie the rope off on the cleat when the Shade is taught.
- Check if the rope is adequately secured, and the Shade is positioned in the right position. If it’s okay, you can now relax and enjoy your shade sail’s Shade.
Apart from shade sail installation, Gharpedia has given steps to install a stone patio as well.
Attaching Shade Sail to Existing Supports
Yes, you can also attach your shade sails on existing supports like;
Attaching to Trees:
When attaching your shade sail on a tree, ensure that the tree’s diameter where the sail shade would be fixed has a diameter of at least 250mm. However, attaching them on trees should be temporary.
Attaching to Fascia:
If you want to fix your shade sail to a fascia, go ahead, fascia support goes a long way. It connects the trusses’ overhangs to fascia ledgers, thus providing a strong connection and enhanced strength between the two.
These are some of the significant benefits of shade sails in your home. And as you can see, they’re the best option if you’re in dire need of an affordable shade solution. So instead of indulging on an expensive vacation, you can experience this relaxation by installing a shade sail in your home and lounge comfortably around the sun without getting bored.
And here are some more tips for you to beautify your outdoor living space.
Jennifer Kiminza – Jennifer Kiminza is a content writer and content marketing professional at Hub Spot, an inbound marketing and sales platform that helps companies attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers. Previously, Jennifer worked as a marketing manager for a tech software startup. She graduated with honors from Nairobi University with a dual degree in Business Administration and Creative Writing.